The dbx® 12 Series were designed to meet the needs of the most demanding sound reinforcement environments, while offering the simplicity of straightforward controls. The 1231 provides standard features like dual-channels, 31 1/3 octave bands, ISO frequency centers, +/- 12 dB input gain range, and switchable 40Hz/18 dB per octave low-cut filters, but also includes other insightful features. These include 45 mm faders; selectable +/-6dB or +/-15dB boost/cut range for precise gain adjustments; XLR, barrier strip, and 1/4'' TRS connectors for installation ease; balanced inputs and outputs for quiet operation; and chassis/signal ground lift capabilities for quick hum isolation. The visionary design of the dbx 12 Series makes your job easier.
The dbx 12 Series Equalizers were precision engineered to provide years of maintenance-free operation in any application. The magnetically isolated transformer, electronically balanced/unbalanced inputs and servo balanced/unbalanced outputs, RF-filtered inputs and outputs, and power-off hard-wire relay bypass with 2 second power up delay were steps our engineers took to ensure compatibility for all installations. Only the best components were utilized, yielding a 10Hz to 50kHz frequency response, greater than 90dB SNR (ref +4dBu), less than 0.005% THD +Noise (1kHz at +4dBu), and interchannel crosstalk of less than -80dB from 20Hz to 20kHz. All this attention to detail is contained in a 3U steel/aluminum chassis.
- Switchable boost/cut ranges of ±6 or ±15 dB
- Electronically balanced/unbalanced inputs
- Servo balanced/unbalanced outputs
- RF filtered inputs and outputs
- XLR, Barrier Strip, and 1/4" TRS connectors
- -12dB/+12dB input gain range
- 18dB/octave 40Hz Bessel low-cut filter
- Chassis/signal ground lift capability
- Internal power supply transformer
- Power-off hardwire relay bypass with 2-second power-up delay
- Input Connectors: 1/4" TRS, female XLR (pin 2 hot), and barrier terminal strip
- Input Type: Electronically balanced/unbalanced, RF filtered
- Input Impedance: Balanced 40 kOhm, unbalanced 20 kOhm
- Max Input: >+21dBu balanced or unbalanced
- CMRR: >40dB, typically >55dB at 1kHz
- Output Connectors: 1/4" TRS, male XLR (pin 2 hot), and barrier terminal strip
- Output Type: Impedance-balanced/unbalanced, RF filtered
- Output Impedance: Balanced 200 ohm, unbalanced 100 ohm
- Max Output: >+21dBu balanced/unbalanced into 2 kOhm or greater; >+18dBm balanced/unbalanced (into 600 ohm)
- Bandwidth: 20Hz to 20kHz, +0.5/-1dB
- Frequency Response: <10Hz to >50kHz, +0.5/-3dB; +/-15dB range; +/-6dB range
- Dynamic Range: 109dB; 115dB
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 90dB, 97dB
- THD+Noise: <0.005%
- Interchannel Crosstalk:
- Bypass Switch: Bypasses the graphic equalizer section in the signal path
- Low cut Switch: (recessed) Activates the 40Hz 18dB/octave Bessel high-pass filter
- Range Switch: (recessed) Selects either +/- 6dB or +/- 15dB slider boost/cut range
- I/O Meter: 4-LED bar graph (Green, Green, Yellow, Red) at -10, 0, +10, and +18dBu
- Indicators: EQ Bypass (Red); Clip (Red); Low Cut (Red); +/-6dB (Yellow); +/-15dB (Red)
- Operating Voltage: 100VAC 50/60Hz; 120VAC 60Hz; 230VAC 50/60Hz
- Power Consumption: 24W
- Power Connector: IEC receptacle
- Dimensions: 5.25" H X 19" W X 7.9" D (13.4cm x 48.3cm x 20.1cm)
Shipping, Collection and Returns
- Once your order has been shipped please allow 5-7 days for delivery.
- If you intend to collect in store, kindly confirm before ordering since we cannot guarantee stock availability local to you.
- Delivery is free in South Africa for all orders over R995 and any orders below R995 will incur a flat rate of R95.
- ALL International Deliveries are subject to charge and will depend on the size of your order and location. Please see our Shipping Policy for further details.
- Returns need to be initiated within five days of delivery. For further details please see our Cancellation & Returns Policy.
Product images are for illustration purposes only and, unless stated otherwise, may not include peripheral or ancillary items depicted in the image.
Pro audio, studio, other electronic goods, smalls and accessories will be delivered in original packaging.
In some cases larger items such as guitars and acoustic drums may be delivered in non-original brown packaging.
In the unlikely event we need to ship in non-original packaging we will inform you.