The O Bass is the brainchild of Orange Technical Director and lead designer Adrian Emsley, whose inspiration came from his self-confessed love of vintage gear. Having spent a lifetime modifying all manner of bass guitars, the O Bass brings together all of his know-how in a unique and truly charismatic instrument.
Aside from its impeccably sleek lines and shapely aesthetics, the O Bass delivers the goods where it really matters. Plugging in reveals a sound with buckets of personality – familiar, yet somehow all of its own. A custom-wound split–coil pickup bears a very distinctive sonic mojo, with a well-balanced bass response and a bold and defined mid-range. Players with a softer touch will immediately find themselves in Motown territory, with earthy overtones in abundance. Dig in a little more aggressively and the O Bass responds with an infectious harmonic grind that harks back to the birth of rock ‘n’ roll. As Emsley puts it, “It growls like a policeman’s dog!”
- CONSTRUCTION: 4 STRING FRETTED SINGLE CUTAWAY BOLT ON
- BODY: A.B.S. BINDING
- NECK: A.B.S. BINDING
- ELECTRONICS: 1 X CUSTOM WOUND SPLIT-COIL HUMBUCKER / MASTER TONE & MASTER VOLUME
- HARDWARE: NICKLE TOP-LOADING 4 SADDLE BRIDGE & OPEN GEAR TUNERS
- SCALE LENGTH: 864MM
- RADIUS: R400 FINGERBOARD
- WIDTH AT TOP NUT: 43*6MM NUT
- STRINGS: 045-.105
Shipping and Returns
- Delivery is free in South Africa for all orders over R995 and any orders below R995 will incur a flat rate of R95.
- ALL International Deliveries are subject to charge and will depend on the size of your order and location. Please see our Shipping Policy for further details.
- Once your order has been shipped please allow 5-7 days for delivery depending on where you live.
- Returns need to be initiated within five days of delivery. For further details please see our Cancellation & Returns Policy.
Product images are for illustration purposes only and, unless stated otherwise, may not include peripheral or ancillary items depicted in the image.
Pro audio, studio, other electronic goods, smalls and accessories will be delivered in original packaging.
In some cases larger items such as guitars and acoustic drums may be delivered in non-original brown packaging.
In the unlikely event we need to ship in non-original packaging we will inform you.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.