With our P-515 Piano, you can enjoy the exquisite beauty and sought-after tone of both the Yamaha CFX and Bösendorfer Imperial concert grand pianos
With over 500 Voices, P-515 gives you a wide selection of sounds to choose from, making it the perfect tool to create and perform in any musical genre. P-515 has a Natural Wood X (NWX) keyboard - created using the unrivalled expertise we've developed through more than a century of crafting some of the world's finest acoustic pianos. This, combined with cutting-edge digital technology, makes for an authentic piano playing experience that only Yamaha can provide. Download the Smart Pianist app for iOS, connect your device and enjoy a rich and detailed touch screen interface that makes navigating the sounds and settings of your instrument even easier. Smart Pianist can even access your iOS device's music library and create a chord chart for you in real time! The elegant, yet compact and portable design makes P-515 an attractive addition to your home, and a reliable, eye-catching instrument on stage.
- Natural Wood X (NWX) keyboard with synthetic ebony and ivory keytops; escapement
- Yamaha CFX and Bösendorfer Imperial piano sound
- Binaural CFX sampling
- 538 Voices incl. 18 Drum/SFX kits and 480 XG Voices
- 256 note polyphony (maximum)
- Recording: MIDI and audio (WAV)
- VRM Technology, Reverb & Chorus
- 40 rhythms (Drums + Bass)
- Intelligent Acoustic Control and Acoustic Optimizer
- Integrated music library with 21 demo songs and 50 piano songs
- USB-to-host, USB-to-device
- Amplification: (15 + 5 Watt) x 2
- 2-way speaker system with twisted flare bass ports
- Bluetooth audio
- Free Piano Smart Pianist App for your iPhone/iPad (*additional connection cable required)
- LP-1 pedal unit and L-515 stand available as optional accessories
Two of the world's finest grand pianos
The P-515 features piano models built using sound captured from our flagship CFX concert grand and the revered Viennese Bösendorfer Imperial grand. Using our advanced acoustic modelling, these recreations of two of the world’s finest and most prominent concert grand pianos are brought to life.
Completely natural sound
The P-515 features two advanced technologies that allow you to enjoy exceptionally realistic, natural sound, even when listening through headphones: Binaural Sampling and the Stereophonic Optimizer.
Natural Wood X (NWX) keyboard - the feel of an acoustic grand piano
The NWX keyboard found in the P-515 features white keys made from only the best quality wood and topped with synthetic ivory. The black keys are finished in textured synthetic ebony. Furthermore, this keyboard features the true feel of the escapement mechanism found in a grand piano action when the hammer is thrown and then separated from the key in order to allow the string to vibrate freely.
Enhanced Virtual Resonance Modelling (VRM)
The P-515 using advanced acoustic resonance modelling to create the various states of the strings for each of the 88 notes of a concert grand from one instant to the next. This Enhanced VRM also calculates aliquot resonance in the upper octaves, and the full resonance of the soundboard, rim, and frame. This technology allows for vivid, bright and richly varied expression that reflects the limitless number of factors inherent in piano performance. Aliquot is a stringing method for pianos that uses extra, un-struck strings in the upper octaves to enhance the tone. These strings sympathetically vibrate with other strings in an acoustic piano, resonating with overtones, and adding richness, brilliance and complex colour to the sound. Since they do not have a damper, they will continue sounding even after you release your hands from the keyboard.
Powerful onboard speaker system
The P-515 features 15 watt and 5 watt amplifiers combined with a 2-way speaker system which provides an immersive, authentic piano experience with astonishing clarity. The P-515 also features a Twisted Flare Bass Port: our technology that offers a clear and precise bass sound. The flared and gently twisted shape evenly diffuses the air flow through the port. Compared to a conventional port, the Twisted Flare Port reduces air turbulence noise, resulting in clear and accurate low frequency reproduction.
Simple operation using the Smart Pianist app!
Our Smart Pianist app allows you to control the many functions included in Yamaha digital pianos with your device. Voices, rhythms and other settings can be selected right from the touch screen, making it even easier to get what you want from your P-515. You can also save your favourite settings for quick recall at any time. Smart Pianist can even access the songs in your device's music library and create a chord chart for you, so you can play along with recordings of your own music.
Bluetooth audio for wireless listening
Connect your music player via Bluetooth and instantly turn your P-515 into a high quality wireless speaker system.
Shipping, Collection and Returns
- Once your order has been shipped please allow 5-7 days for delivery.
- If you intend to collect in store, kindly confirm before ordering since we cannot guarantee stock availability local to you.
- Delivery is free in South Africa for all orders over R995 and any orders below R995 will incur a flat rate of R95.
- ALL International Deliveries are subject to charge and will depend on the size of your order and location. Please see our Shipping Policy for further details.
- Returns need to be initiated within five days of delivery. For further details please see our Cancellation & Returns Policy.
Product images are for illustration purposes only and, unless stated otherwise, may not include peripheral or ancillary items depicted in the image.
Pro audio, studio, other electronic goods, smalls and accessories will be delivered in original packaging.
In some cases larger items such as guitars and acoustic drums may be delivered in non-original brown packaging.
In the unlikely event we need to ship in non-original packaging we will inform you.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.