HS Series monitor cabinets are designed to eliminate unwanted resonance and increase the accuracy of sound reproduction to their extreme limit. The enclosures are constructed from a dense MDF with a damped acoustic response. HS Series engineers also employed a traditional three-way mitered-joint technique. Common to architectural design, this construction firmly anchors the corners of the enclosure to improve durability and eliminate unwanted resonance that can influence overall soundPORT DESIGN THAT REDUCES NOISE UP TO 6DB
Speaker port design can greatly influence the clarity of overall sound. Often a vortex at the either end of the port can generate air vibrations inside of the port, causing unwanted noise. By adopting a noise reduction technology that incorporates an analysis of a visual representation of the sound, Yamaha's engineers are able to control and reduce the vortex. Through this analysis Yamaha has arrived at a port design that reduces noise up to 6dBMONITORS THAT ADAPT TO THE SURFACE ACOUSTICS OF ANY ROOM SIZE
HS Series monitors full-range models feature two response controls with settings that allow them to adapt to the surface acoustics of rooms of varying shape and size. ROOM CONTROL allows you to attenuate the unnatural, exaggerated low-end that can often occur when speakers are placed next to walls, while HIGH TRIM allows for more flexible control of high frequency response. For inputs, HS full-range speakers can accommodate a range of balanced and unbalanced sources such as mixers, keyboards and audio interfaces with XLR and TRS phone jacks.Tech Specs
- Powered: Yes
- Power Configuration: Bi-amped
- LF Driver Size: 8" woofer
- HF Driver Size: 1" dome tweeter
- LF Driver Power Amp: 75W
- HF Driver Power Amp: 45W
- Total Power: 120W
- Frequency Range: 38Hz-30kHz
- Crossover Frequency:2 kHz
- Input Types:1 x XLR, 1 x 1/4" TRS
- Features: Room control settings, High Trim switch
- Enclosure Type: Rear ported
- Weight: 10.2kg
- Manufacturer Part Number: HS8 W
Item Type: Monitor
Shipping, Collection and Returns
- Once your order has been shipped please allow 5-7 days for delivery.
- If you intend to collect in store, kindly confirm before ordering since we cannot guarantee stock availability local to you.
- Delivery is free in South Africa for all orders over R995 and any orders below R995 will incur a flat rate of R95.
- ALL International Deliveries are subject to charge and will depend on the size of your order and location. Please see our Shipping Policy for further details.
- Returns need to be initiated within five days of delivery. For further details please see our Cancellation & Returns Policy.
Product images are for illustration purposes only and, unless stated otherwise, may not include peripheral or ancillary items depicted in the image.
Pro audio, studio, other electronic goods, smalls and accessories will be delivered in original packaging.
In some cases larger items such as guitars and acoustic drums may be delivered in non-original brown packaging.
In the unlikely event we need to ship in non-original packaging we will inform you.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.