The SG Standard 61 returns to the classic design that made it relevant, played and loved -- shaping sound across generations and genres of music. In 1961, the Les Paul model was put on hiatus and an all new design evolved into what is today known as the SG or "solid guitar". The Gibson SG Standard '61 retains the styling of the original featuring a slim taper mahogany neck and a bound rosewood fingerboard. The mahogany body features deeply sculpted body scarfing, a 5-ply teardrop pickguard and a 22nd-fret neck joint. The nickel plated hardware includes a classic-style Tune-O-Matic bridge and keystone tuners. The pickups are 61R and 61T humbuckers for a classic voice with added power and top end. Controls feature audio taper potentiometers and orange drop capacitors.
- Finish Colour - Vintage Cherry
- Body Shape - SG
- Body Material - Mahogany
- Finish Type - Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Material - Mahogany
- Neck Profile - Slim Taper
- Scale - 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material - Rosewood
- Radius - 12"
- Number of Frets - 22
- Fret Size - Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material - Graph Tech
- Nut Width - 1.695"
- End of Board Width - 2.26"
- Inlays - Acrylic Trapezoids
- Hardware Finish - Nickel
- Bridge - ABR-1 Tune-O-Matic Aluminum Stop Bar
- Tuning Machines - Vintage Deluxe w/ Keystone Buttons
- Pickguard - Black 5-ply
- Control Knobs - Black Top Hats with Silver Reflector
- Switch Tip - Cream
- Switch Washer - Black
- Pick Number - 2
- Neck Pickup - Burstbucker 61R
- Bridge Pickup - Burstbucker 61T
- Controls - 2 Volumes, 2 Tones & Toggle Switch (Hand-wired with Orange Drop Capacitors)
- String Gauge - .010, .013, .017, .026, .036, .046
- Case Included - Hard Shell Case Includes Gibson Accessory Kit
Shipping, Collection and Returns
- Once your order has been shipped please allow 5-7 days for delivery.
- If you intend to collect in store, kindly confirm before ordering since we cannot guarantee stock availability local to you.
- Delivery is free in South Africa for all orders over R995 and any orders below R995 will incur a flat rate of R95.
- ALL International Deliveries are subject to charge and will depend on the size of your order and location. Please see our Shipping Policy for further details.
- Returns need to be initiated within five days of delivery. For further details please see our Cancellation & Returns Policy.
Product images are for illustration purposes only and, unless stated otherwise, may not include peripheral or ancillary items depicted in the image.
Pro audio, studio, other electronic goods, smalls and accessories will be delivered in original packaging.
In some cases larger items such as guitars and acoustic drums may be delivered in non-original brown packaging.
In the unlikely event we need to ship in non-original packaging we will inform you.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.