1961 brought some big changes to the Gibson Les Paul™, most notably a sleek, all-new, double-cutaway, all-mahogany body design that would later be renamed the SG™. This Gibson Custom Shop model recreates those cherished originals, complete with a Sideways Vibrola, a side-pull action vibrato that is similar to those found on models from the early 1960s. It also has a bound Authentic '61 Thin Profile mahogany neck, Kluson® tuners, an ABR-1 Tune-O-Matic™ bridge, two Custombucker pickups, CTS® vintage-taper pots, and Black Beauty capacitors.
- Body Shape: SG
- Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer (VOS)
- Material: Solid Mahogany
- Profile: Authentic '61 Thin Profile
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material: Indian Rosewood, Cream Binding
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Number Of Frets: 22
- Frets: Authentic Medium-Jumbo
- Nut Material: Nylon
- Nut Width: 1.687"
- End of Board Width: 2.24"
- Finish: Aged Nickel
- Tuner Plating: Nickel
- Bridge: ABR-1
- Tuning Machines: Kluson Reissue Double Ring
- Pickguard: 1961 Long Guard
- TrussRod: Authentic 1950s No-Tube
- Truss Rod Cover: Authentic Stepped 2-Ply "Les Paul"
- Control Knobs: Black Top Hats with Silver Inserts
- Neck Pickup: Custombucker
- Bridge Pickup: Custombucker
Shipping, Collection and Returns
- Once your order has been shipped please allow 5-7 days for delivery.
- If you intend to collect in store, kindly confirm before ordering since we cannot guarantee stock availability local to you.
- Delivery is free in South Africa for all orders over R995 and any orders below R995 will incur a flat rate of R95.
- ALL International Deliveries are subject to charge and will depend on the size of your order and location. Please see our Shipping Policy for further details.
- Returns need to be initiated within five days of delivery. For further details please see our Cancellation & Returns Policy.
Product images are for illustration purposes only and, unless stated otherwise, may not include peripheral or ancillary items depicted in the image.
Pro audio, studio, other electronic goods, smalls and accessories will be delivered in original packaging.
In some cases larger items such as guitars and acoustic drums may be delivered in non-original brown packaging.
In the unlikely event we need to ship in non-original packaging we will inform you.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.