The Fender Classic 60s Jazzmaster electric guitar in Sea Foam Green takes you back to the days of psychadelia and surf rock. Designed with period specific hardware and a 60's chic pastel finish, you get closer than ever to the feel of a genuine vintage classic electric guitar. Originally designed as an upmarket sibling to the Stratocaster it was quickly adopted by surf and indie rock players. The Jazzmaster electric guitar has a mellower, jazzier tone than Stratocasters. 65 Pickup The Fender classic range is meticulously researched to give you the truest "vintage" tone possible. The American 65 Pickups are well rounded and give you great clean tones with plenty of resonance. When you crank up the gain they have great attack, fantastic for cutting through the mix. Vintage Build Developed in 1960 the Jazzmaster's smooth, offset shape makes it comfortable to play both seated and standing and with a vintage scale 7.25" neck that's just great for chords its got a really classic feel. The electric guitars "C" shape maple neck has an authentic nirtocellulose gloss finish.
Pickup controls The slide switch selects between two different pickup circuits, the "lead" and "rhythm" circuits. When the switch is in the lead position, the electric guitars tone is controlled by the conventional tone and volume knobs and the pickup selector switch. When it is in the rhythm position, it selects the neck pickup only with the brightness rolled off slightly due to the capacitor, and the volume and tone are controlled by the two thumbwheels; the other controls are bypassed Here's what Fender say about the Jazzmaster For guitarists who must have original-era Jazzmaster sound, look and feel, the Classic Series '60s Jazzmaster Lacquer epitomizes the instrument during the 1960s, when guitarists from coast to coast used it to ride waves of reverb-drenched surf and instrumental music. With authentic features including a nitrocellulose lacquer finish in classic Surf Green and dual American Vintage Jazzmaster pickups, everything about it takes you back to a wildly creative time when rock music came into its own, from surf to psychedelia and more.
- Series: Classic
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck: Maple, "C" Shape
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer String
- Nut: Synthetic Bone, 1.650" (42 mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, 7.25" (1/4"1 mm) Radius
- Frets: 21, Vintage-Style
- Position Inlays: White Dot
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Hardware: Nickel/Chrome
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Adjustable with "Floating" Tremolo Tailpiece
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
- Strings: Fender USA, NPS, (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Pickups: American Vintage '65 Jazzmaster (Bridge and Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup;
- Case/Gig Bag: Hardshell Case
Shipping, Collection and Returns
- Once your order has been shipped please allow 5-7 days for delivery.
- If you intend to collect in store, kindly confirm before ordering since we cannot guarantee stock availability local to you.
- Delivery is free in South Africa for all orders over R995 and any orders below R995 will incur a flat rate of R95.
- ALL International Deliveries are subject to charge and will depend on the size of your order and location. Please see our Shipping Policy for further details.
- Returns need to be initiated within five days of delivery. For further details please see our Cancellation & Returns Policy.
Product images are for illustration purposes only and, unless stated otherwise, may not include peripheral or ancillary items depicted in the image.
Pro audio, studio, other electronic goods, smalls and accessories will be delivered in original packaging.
In some cases larger items such as guitars and acoustic drums may be delivered in non-original brown packaging.
In the unlikely event we need to ship in non-original packaging we will inform you.