Body & Neck
In keeping with decades of tradition, Fender have opted for an Alder body for the Player Series Telecaster. Known for being simultaneously lightweight and tonally resonant, it's balanced in every sense of the word. Its sound is often described as rich, with some emphasis on upper-midrange brightness, and its weight and density means it's pretty easy to thrash around in a frenzy of creative expression - we've all been there!
Then there's the other classic Tele tonewood: Maple. Known for its density, varied grain pattern and snappy tone, it perfectly complements the Alder used for the body. The addition of Maple ensures plenty of twangy tonal response, perfect for accentuating lead and clean parts regardless of your musical style. The one-piece design means your fretboard surface is the same as the neck, providing plenty of attack and even, comfortable navigation of the 22-fret range. Maple is also known for its tendency to age well, gradually darkening over time; give it a few years, and your Tele's neck and fretboard will begin to reveal a beautifully bronzed appearance!
In contrast, the use of gloss polyester coating on the body means that your guitar's finish will remain vivid and untainted for quite some time. Fender began using gloss polyester finishes back in the '70s, and it quickly become popular because of its durability. It lasts longer, it's more resistant to scratches, and some even say it allows your pickups to sing a little louder - all we know is it looks great!
Hardware & Electronics
Fender have loaded the Player Series Tele HH with - yep, you guessed it - two humbuckers. In a pretty sizeable break from Tele tradition, this allows you to strike the perfect balance between sparkling Tele treble and full-bodied riffage with ease. The Alnico II magnet configuration tames the top-end, instead emphasising the warm low-midrange, ultimately delivering a perfectly balanced tonal quality. Fender have also provided a push-pull tone pot for coil split action, so you can swerve into full-blown Tele spank when desired. As Telecasters go, this one's pretty darn versatile!
The bridge isn't quite the classic Tele configuration; rather than the old-school 3-saddle design, the 6-saddle design with bent steel saddles offers greater tuning stability and arguably better resonance in the body. Though it plays a small part, it ultimately contributes to an instrument that's designed to be played night after night and consistently deliver.
Top it off with Standard Cast Fender tuners, a 3-ply scratchplate and classic knurled flat-top controls, all in a glorious chrome finish, and you've got an instrument that can take anything you throw at it - a Fender Telecaster through and through!
- Series: Player
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Neck: Maple, Modern "C"
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane Finish on Back, Gloss Urethane Finish on Front
- Fingerboard: Maple, 9.5" Radius (241 mm)
- Frets: 22, Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Black Dots
- Nut (Material/Width): Synthetic Bone, 1.650" (42 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Standard Cast/Sealed
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Bridge: 6-Saddle String-Through-Body Tele with Bent Steel Saddles
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Parchment
- Pickups: Player Series Alnico 2 Humbucking (Bridge/Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone (with push-pull coil split)
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
Shipping and Returns
- Once your order has been shipped please allow 5-7 days for delivery depending on where you live.
- Delivery is free in South Africa for all orders over R995 and any orders below R995 will incur a flat rate of R95.
- ALL International Deliveries are subject to charge and will depend on the size of your order and location. Please see our Shipping Policy for further details.
- Returns need to be initiated within five days of delivery. For further details please see our Cancellation & Returns Policy.
Product images are for illustration purposes only and, unless stated otherwise, may not include peripheral or ancillary items depicted in the image.
Pro audio, studio, other electronic goods, smalls and accessories will be delivered in original packaging.
In some cases larger items such as guitars and acoustic drums may be delivered in non-original brown packaging.
In the unlikely event we need to ship in non-original packaging we will inform you.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.