8250A 270W 8" Active 2-Way DSP Monitor Speaker (Black)
The 8250A 270W 8" Active 2-Way DSP Monitor Speaker (Black) from Genelec is an advanced 2-way monitor speaker ideal for use in professional studios. The speaker has a Minimum Diffraction Enclosure that houses an 8" woofer and a 1" tweeter. A Directivity Control Waveguide works with the MDE enclosure to provide a flat frequency response, excellent imaging precision, and minimal listening fatigue. A flow-optimized bass-reflex port provides solid low frequency response without compression, distortion, or port noise. The bi-amplified design provides 270W of total output power for a strong, clear performance with exceptionally low distortion.
The speaker features DSP crossover filters, magnetic shielding, and overload protection circuitry for smooth, reliable operation. Genelec Loudspeaker Manager software (sold separately) allows you to manage all of the speaker functions easily, such as level adjustment, distance delays, room EQ, and more. The speaker has both analog and digital inputs, plus a digital thru connector for terrific flexibility. The included Iso-Pod base decouples the speaker from its mounting surface to eliminate coloration caused by vibrations and reflections. The speaker also has integrated rear support points for floor and wall stands, plus an M10 threaded mounting hole on the base.
- The compact design is ideal for limited-space environments such as home studios, mobile studios, and more
- The rounded edges of Minimum Diffraction Enclosure (MDE) work with the Directivity Control Waveguide (DCW) to provide a flat frequency response, excellent imaging precision, and minimum listening fatigue
- An optimized bass-reflex port provides clear and articulated bass without compression, distortion, or port noise
- The 8" woofer and 1" metal dome tweeter provide accurate sound reproduction with a wide frequency response
- The bi-amplified design provides 270W of total output power for a strong, clear performance. The amplifiers have exceptionally low distortion, thanks to the extremely steep crossover roll-off characteristics
- DSP crossover filters, magnetic shielding, overload protection circuitry, and versatile room response controls are provided for smooth, reliable operation
- Analog and digital inputs provide terrific flexibility and compatibility with a variety of audio systems and devices. A digital thru connector is also provided
- The included Iso-Pod base decouples the speaker from its mounting surface to eliminate coloration caused by vibrations and reflections. It also allows you to angle the speaker for optimized listening
- Integrated rear support points allow convenient mounting on various floor and wall stands, while an M10 threaded mounting hold on the base provides additional mounting options
- Low Frequency Driver: 8" (203mm) Woofer
- High Frequency Driver: 1" (25mm) Metal Dome Tweeter
- Amplifier LF: 150W / HF: 120W
- Crossover: 1/8"Hz
- Frequency Range: 38Hz - 20kHz (±1dB)
- Maximum Sound Pressure Level (SPL): 110dB Short Time; 120dB Peak Program
- Sampling Rate: 32-192kHz
- Shielded: Yes
- 1 x XLR Analog Input
- 1 x XLR AES/EBU Digital Input (Single/Dual Wire)
- 1 x XLR AES/EBU Digital Thru Connector
- 1 x Power Input
17.1 x 11.25 x 10.9" (433 x 286 x 278mm)
17.8 x 11.25 x 10.9" (452 x 286 x 278mm)
Weight: 32 lbs (14.6kg)
Shipping and Returns
- Delivery is free in South Africa for all orders over R995 and any orders below R995 will incur a flat rate of R95.
- ALL International Deliveries are subject to charge and will depend on the size of your order and location. Please see our Shipping Policy for further details.
- Once your order has been shipped please allow 5-7 days for delivery depending on where you live.
- Returns need to be initiated within five days of delivery. For further details please see our Cancellation & Returns Policy.
Product images are for illustration purposes only and, unless stated otherwise, may not include peripheral or ancillary items depicted in the image.
Pro audio, studio, other electronic goods, smalls and accessories will be delivered in original packaging.
In some cases larger items such as guitars and acoustic drums may be delivered in non-original brown packaging.
In the unlikely event we need to ship in non-original packaging we will inform you.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.