Natural Acoustic Tone Through Any System
BOSS's AD-2 Acoustic Preamp pedal is a convenient and easy way to elicit natural and woody tones from your acoustic-electric instrument's pickup system, whether performing live or recording. Just turn the Acoustic Resonance control to your desired level, and you'll hear an increase in warmth and depth that many pickup systems often can't produce on their own. Controls for Ambiance and Notch add reverb and cut problem-feedback respectively. And the AD-2 even boasts line- and instrument-level outputs for whatever amplification method you choose.
Natural acoustic tones from your pickup
The BOSS AD-2 Acoustic Preamp pedal easily does away with the quacky tone and harsh response of many acoustic-electric pickup systems. As you turn the Acoustic Resonance control you'll hear BOSS's advanced digital processing go to work, analyzing your guitar's input signal and responding the way an un-amplified acoustic guitar would. Far from a simple pre-programmed EQ, BOSS explains that the Resonance control "adjusts multiple parameters inside the AD-2 to achieve the perfect tonal balance for any style, from delicate fingerpicking to intense strumming."
Powerful and simple feedback buster
Everyone knows that controlling feedback is a must for any acoustic-electric performer. BOSS took that into careful consideration when designing the AD-2. You'll find a handy knob labeled Notch on the face of the pedal that is just as simple to use as the pedal's Resonance feature. Just start playing. When feedback begins to rear its ugly head, simply turn the Notch control until it disappears. It couldn't be easier, and it couldn't be more effective.
- Type: Acoustic Preamp
- Inputs:: 1 x 1/4"
- Outputs: 2 x 1/4" (out, balanced line out)
- Bypass Switching: Buffered
- Power Source: 9V DC power supply required (sold separately)
- Batteries: Optional 1 x 9V
- Height: 2.3"
- Width: 2.8"
- Depth: 5.1"
- Weight: 450g
- Manufacturer Part Number: AD-2
Shipping and Returns
- Delivery is free in South Africa for all orders over R995 and any orders below R995 will incur a flat rate of R95.
- ALL International Deliveries are subject to charge and will depend on the size of your order and location. Please see our Shipping Policy for further details.
- Once your order has been shipped please allow 5-7 days for delivery depending on where you live.
- Returns need to be initiated within five days of delivery. For further details please see our Cancellation & Returns Policy.
Product images are for illustration purposes only and, unless stated otherwise, may not include peripheral or ancillary items depicted in the image.
Pro audio, studio, other electronic goods, smalls and accessories will be delivered in original packaging.
In some cases larger items such as guitars and acoustic drums may be delivered in non-original brown packaging.
In the unlikely event we need to ship in non-original packaging we will inform you.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.