The DW Performance Series features a proprietary drum shell called HVX, referring to its grain orientation made up of horizontal, vertical and diagonal plies. The 8-ply all-maple shells, made from hand-selected North American Hard Rock Maple, are said to provide a low-mid frequency range with plenty of punch, articulation and are perfect for a wide variety of musical applications.FEATURES:
- North American Rock Maple shells
- F.A.S.T. tom sizes for optimized sound in every drum
- HVX shell technology designed by John Good and the DW Custom Shell Shop in California
- Precision-cut shells with 45-degree bearing edges and are expertly finished inside and coated with light tung oil to seal them from moisture
- Automotive-grade high-gloss lacquer outside that s both attractive and durable
- New quarter round lugs 25% smaller than traditional turret lugs are roughly the size of a quarter
- Lugs feature True Pitch tuning system that offers 30% more threads per inch for much greater tuning sensitivity
- Rack toms include STM (Suspension Tom Mount) system for optimum resonance and stability
- Floor toms and rack toms come with sturdy « compatible TB12 tom brackets and 23 gauge flanged steel counter hoops
- Bass drums come with DW telescoping spurs and new low mass die-cast claw hooks
- DW clear coated heads by Remo USA
In addition to a brand new shell design, Performance Series drums also feature a new look courtesy of scaled-down version of DW's trademark turret lug, called a "Quarter Lug". The snare drum even features a completely new dual-mini turret lug. The snare also features DW's new MAG drop throw-off and heavy-gauge flanged steel counter hoops. The entire set comes equipped with graduated counter hoops: 8"& 10" are 1.6mm, 12" to 16" are 2.3mm and the 14" snare drum is 3mm. Other professional grade features include, True Pitch Tension Rods, STM (Suspension Tom Mounts), low mass die cast claw hooks, DW heads by Remo U.S.A. and five distinct hand-sprayed lacquer finishes: White Ice, Sapphire Blue, Cherry Stain Lacquer, Ebony Stain Lacquer and Black Mirra. Good continues, "We wanted this to be a kit that more drummers could afford, but we didn't want to cut corners. It's really a challenge to hit a certain price point and not give up on quality or performance. In this case, DW really did have to Perform. We included many of the features that you'll find on one of DW's more expensive Custom Shop sets. I think we've come out with a pro-quality kit that has its own sonic personality and can translate to just about any genre of music today."
Shipping, Collection and Returns
- Once your order has been shipped please allow 5-7 days for delivery.
- If you intend to collect in store, kindly confirm before ordering since we cannot guarantee stock availability local to you.
- Delivery is free in South Africa for all orders over R995 and any orders below R995 will incur a flat rate of R95.
- ALL International Deliveries are subject to charge and will depend on the size of your order and location. Please see our Shipping Policy for further details.
- Returns need to be initiated within five days of delivery. For further details please see our Cancellation & Returns Policy.
Product images are for illustration purposes only and, unless stated otherwise, may not include peripheral or ancillary items depicted in the image.
Pro audio, studio, other electronic goods, smalls and accessories will be delivered in original packaging.
In some cases larger items such as guitars and acoustic drums may be delivered in non-original brown packaging.
In the unlikely event we need to ship in non-original packaging we will inform you.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.