The DW Performance Series makes it fast and affordable to flesh out a drum kit. This HVX maple floor tom is hand built in the same California plant, by the same skilled craftsmen, as DW's inimitable Collector's Series. Its shell hardware even offers many of the same tuning and performance advantages. Reduced Quarter Turret lugs and a range of specialty wrap, lacquer, and satin finishes give the Performance Series a heart and soul all its own.DW Performance Series vs DW Collector's Series
Unlike the 100% custom Collector's Series, the DW Performance Series maximizes value by limiting configurable options. If you're in the market for an authentic American DW playing experience at a real-world price, look no further than the Performance Series.Specialty Performance finishes
The DW Performance Series is available in several finish options. Choose hand-applied lacquer and satin stains for a contemporary look; or for something more classic, choose DW's durable FinishPly wraps, sourced from Delmar USA's UV-treated specialty plastics.Your dream kit awaits HVX maple shell
The Performance Series begins with DW's US-built, handcrafted HVX hard rock North American maple shells. The HVX grain orientation arranges wood plies horizontally, vertically, and diagonally for a deep and satisfying fundamental. Shells are baked in pressure molds (2600 PSI at 200°F) then immediately Cool Tempered to crystallize the glue, maximizing strength, roundness, and resonance. Floor toms come crowned with pinpoint 45° back-cut bearing edges to enhance attack and increase head response.Proprietary DW hardware
Unique to the Performance Series are DW's reduced-size Quarter Turret lugs. These offer a decidedly sleeker, more modern appearance that many DW artists prefer. A closer look reveals much of the same hardware found throughout the DW's Collector's Series:
- Graduated Counter Hoops, weighted per shell size, unlock a dynamic balance of attack and sustain
- 21" floor tom legs accommodate a range of playing heights
- Fine-threaded True-Pitch tension rods maximize tuning accuracy
Shipping and Returns
- Once your order has been shipped please allow 5-7 days for delivery depending on where you live.
- Delivery is free in South Africa for all orders over R995 and any orders below R995 will incur a flat rate of R95.
- ALL International Deliveries are subject to charge and will depend on the size of your order and location. Please see our Shipping Policy for further details.
- Returns need to be initiated within five days of delivery. For further details please see our Cancellation & Returns Policy.
Product images are for illustration purposes only and, unless stated otherwise, may not include peripheral or ancillary items depicted in the image.
Pro audio, studio, other electronic goods, smalls and accessories will be delivered in original packaging.
In some cases larger items such as guitars and acoustic drums may be delivered in non-original brown packaging.
In the unlikely event we need to ship in non-original packaging we will inform you.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.