Second in line in Eve Audio's studio monitors is the Eve Audio SC205 2-Way 5" Active Nearfield Monitor. Like the name implies, it's a SilverCone two-way system with a 5" woofer. But don't let your eyes deceive you. The SC205 might seem like a small speaker, but it definitely packs a punch. With an extended bass frequency response and an astounding output level, the SC205 will easily fill your room with exceptional sound. The SC205 also comes with the convenience of threaded screw inserts on the bottom and the back. That way, you can mount your SC205 on a regular microphone or speaker stand, or use the back plate for different wall mounting options available on the market. The SC205 uses Eve Audio's 5" SilverCone woofer for an extended bass response. This very stiff diaphragm is honeycomb structured and glass fibre coated. Like in other models, such as the smaller SC204, the SC205 is driven by a sophisticated magnet system that uses a 1" voice coil responsible for delivering a greater linear excursion. All in all, this produces a bigger dynamic range than you would naturally assume from a speaker of these proportions. The result is an unsurpassed audio transparency that, when coupled with the proprietary AMT tweeter and PWM amplifier, will surprise you with a very powerful and precise low end. The AMT (Air Motion Transformer) tweeter is Eve Audio's own proprietary technology that follows the rule of not using "off-the-shelf" components when looking for the best possible results. The preciseness and detail in the high frequency, along with the general tightness of the bass and mid-range frequencies, will make the SC205 equally adequate for use on the road or in studio. With every EVE Audio speaker, you also get high resolution DSP electronics. One push knob operation and you will have access to accurate volume control and several different filter settings that will help you tailor your monitors to the way you work. And if you always avoid digital processing, we've got you covered. The DSP engine is supported with a high quality A/D converter from Burr-Brown, which delivers a pristine signal to the DSP section. And since the PWM amplifiers are directly connected to the DSP, no additional conversion is necessary. Bass port design is all in the geometry. One of the downside effects of port compression is bass distortion. As you turn up the volume, the efficiency of the port reduces and distortion will increase. Eve Audio opted for a large rear rectangular port with no hard edges for their bass port designs. That's one of the reasons EVE monitors have a high efficiency on the lower frequencies. The results? High sound pressures with tight and punchy bass frequencies that don't cause port distortion. Crank up the volume, and EVE will deliver a round bass. With no holes to look at every time you glance at your speakers.
- Description: 2-way System
- Dimensions (WxHxD) [mm]: 175 x 275 x 233
- Dimensions (WxHxD) ["]: 6.89 x 10.83 x 9.17
- Free-field frequency range (-3dB): 53Hz - 21kHz
- Tweeter: AMT RS1
- Mid-Woofer: 130mm/5"
- Cross-over frequency: 3000Hz
- Maximum SPL @ 1m: 101dB
- Number of amplifiers: 2
- Total short-term output power: 100W
- Output power (woofer): 50W
- Output power (tweeter): 50W
- Protection limiter
- Volume: -inf. - +6dB
- High-shelf filter (-5dB - +3dB): 3kHz
- Desk filter boost (0dB - +3dB): 80Hz
- Desk filter cut (-5dB - 0dB): 180Hz
- Low-shelve filter (-5dB - +3dB): 300Hz
- Level-fix dip switch
- Filter-fix dip switch
- XLR in (impedance): 10k
- RCA in (impedance): 10k
- Backmounting thread inserts
- Mic stand thread inserts
- Weight kg/lb.: 5/ 11
**SOLD IN PAIRS**
Item Type: Monitor
Shipping and Returns
- Once your order has been shipped please allow 5-7 days for delivery depending on where you live.
- Delivery is free in South Africa for all orders over R995 and any orders below R995 will incur a flat rate of R95.
- ALL International Deliveries are subject to charge and will depend on the size of your order and location. Please see our Shipping Policy for further details.
- Returns need to be initiated within five days of delivery. For further details please see our Cancellation & Returns Policy.
Product images are for illustration purposes only and, unless stated otherwise, may not include peripheral or ancillary items depicted in the image.
Pro audio, studio, other electronic goods, smalls and accessories will be delivered in original packaging.
In some cases larger items such as guitars and acoustic drums may be delivered in non-original brown packaging.
In the unlikely event we need to ship in non-original packaging we will inform you.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.