6-string Acoustic-electric Guitar with A.R.E. Spruce Top, Rosewood Back and Sides, Mahogany Neck, Ebony Fingerboard, and TA Electronics, Vintage Tint
The Yamaha TransAcoustic LS-TA 6-string acoustic-electric guitar is a great-sounding instrument that delivers an acoustic experience like no other guitar before. Because the onboard reverb and chorus effects don't require any external amplification, you'll enjoy the tones of playing in a rich and lively acoustic space no matter where you are. The LS-TA is constructed from all solid tonewoods, and the spruce top has been treated with Yamaha's ARE technology for a broken-in tone. The Yamaha TransAcoustic LS-TA will add new inspiration to your playing.
Yamaha TransAcoustic LS-TA Acoustic-electric Guitar at a Glance:
- Amazing sounding reverb/chorus built-into the guitar with no need for external amplification or effects
- Designed to provide superb acoustic guitar sound
- High comfortable playability
- Made in Yamaha quality
Expertly crafted acoustic guitar
While the TransAcoustic's electronics deserve acclaim, the guitar is a high-quality acoustic instrument in its own right. With a single strum, you'll notice the detail and warmth of the guitar's ARE-treated solid spruce top. Yamaha's ARE technology artificially ages the wood, achieving the clarity of tone found on great vintage instruments. The LS-TA's back and sides are crafted from solid rosewood, which imbues the instrument with a powerful low and high frequencies. And Music Experience guitarists agree that the ebony appointments add a touch of class.
The Yamaha TransAcoustic's calling card is its onboard reverb and chorus effects. What sets them apart from other instruments with onboard effects is that these don't require any external amplification. Engage them via the simple-to-use controls and you'll experience and acoustic experience like playing in a rich, ambient venue. No amp or PA required. And when it's time for the gig you can access those same great tones plugged in through the guitar's System70 pickup system.
Yamaha's S body shape
Yamaha's S body style is a comfortable design, similar to popular folk and OM acoustic guitars. You'll find numerous benefits from this construction's compact dimensions. The narrower waist adds a focused midrange to the guitar's acoustic voice. This really helps your fingerpicking and string-to-string definition shine through. The smaller dimensions also make the TransAcoustic LS-TA 6-string acoustic-electric guitar very comfortable to perform with, either sitting or standing playing with your band.
Playing the guitar in a great sounding room is the most inspiring, engaging playing experience imaginable, far more enjoyable than in a dry-sounding room like a lounge, office or den. Yamaha's TransAcoustic Guitar recreates the incredible experience of playing in a rich, live room without needing any external amplification or effects, just the guitar itself. Whether you're practicing, writing, recording or just playing for fun, the TransAcoustic Guitar will make you play better, longer and with more creativity. Once you've experienced it, you'll never want to play another acoustic guitar again.
Built to inspire
There's nothing so inspiring as playing the guitar in a great sounding room, it makes you play better, longer and with more creativity. The Yamaha TransAcoustic Guitar recreates that incredible experience without needing any external amplification or effects, just the guitar itself. It's the most inspiring, engaging acoustic guitar you've ever played.
An actuator installed on the inner surface of the guitar back vibrates in response to the vibrations of the strings. The vibrations of the actuator are then conveyed to the body of the guitar, and to the air in and around the guitar body, generating authentic reverb and chorus sounds from inside the body.
- String type: Steel
- Body Shape: Dreadnought
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Number of Strings:6
- Back & Material Material: Solid Rosewood
- Top Material: Solid Engelmann Spruce
- Body Finish: Utherane Finish with A.R.E. ageing process
- Colour: Vintage Tint
- Neck Material: 5-ply Mahogany/Rosewood
- Radius: 15.75"
- Fingerboard & Bridge Material: Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay: Dots
- Number of Frets: 20
- Scale Length: 25.56"
- Nut Width: 1.732"
- Nut & Saddle Material: Urea
- Tuners: Die-Cast Gold tuners
- Electronics: System 70 TransAcoustic preamp with piezo pickup and Interior Mounted Actuator
- Strings: Elixir 80/20 Bronze Light, .012-.053
- Case Included: Hard Bag
- Manufacturer Part Number: LS-TA-VT
Shipping and Returns
- Once your order has been shipped please allow 5-7 days for delivery depending on where you live.
- Delivery is free in South Africa for all orders over R995 and any orders below R995 will incur a flat rate of R95.
- ALL International Deliveries are subject to charge and will depend on the size of your order and location. Please see our Shipping Policy for further details.
- Returns need to be initiated within five days of delivery. For further details please see our Cancellation & Returns Policy.
Product images are for illustration purposes only and, unless stated otherwise, may not include peripheral or ancillary items depicted in the image.
Pro audio, studio, other electronic goods, smalls and accessories will be delivered in original packaging.
In some cases larger items such as guitars and acoustic drums may be delivered in non-original brown packaging.
In the unlikely event we need to ship in non-original packaging we will inform you.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.