A HIGH-GAIN ICON, EVOLVED WITH WAZA INNOVATION
For over 25 years, the MT-2 Metal Zone has been one of the most popular and influential compact pedals in the BOSS lineup, with overall sales that are second only to the venerable DS-1 Distortion. Made in Japan and infused with Waza Craft mojo, the MT-2W takes the iconic stomp to new levels of tonal range and versatility. Standard mode delivers an evolved version of the original mid-focused Metal Zone tone, while Custom mode introduces a fresh, wide-ranging voice that's perfectly suited for today's diverse high-gain styles.
The MT-2W reflects the progressive changes to the 21st century metal scene. Guitarists are now after tighter lows, punchier mids, dynamic gain and articulate highs, which is exactly what the MT-2W provides. Choose between the original gain circuit and a brand new modern setting in the MT-2W. The first has been overhauled to widen its range. By updating the first circuit with discrete components, Waza Craft have increased the expression and tone density. Flick the switch to Custom mode and it cuts low-end and boosts the gain's vibrancy. Turn down the volume on the guitar to hear a clearer crunch sound; this is the real party trick of the MT-2W.
Unique Tone Shaping
The Metal Zone has an extremely flexible EQ. Its Waza counterpart carries over the same controls, but thanks to the redesign, is even more sensitive than before. Down-tuned guitars will benefit from a faster attack and cut. Boss recommend you dial in the mids knob from 12 o'clock and decide whether you want to boost or cut the mid frequencies.
In Japanese, Waza' means art or technique. That's exactly why Boss assigned their best designers and engineers to the Waza Craft project. Their goal is to reach the pinnacle of guitar amp and effect design. Premium Waza Craft pedals contain carefully picked transistor and capacitor components. These circuits produce exceptional analogue, transparent effects.
- Premium Waza Craft pedal with all-analog audio circuitry
- Innovative dual-stage gain circuit built with discrete analog components
- Standard mode updates the famous MT-2 Metal Zone sound with improved clarity and lower noise
- Custom mode delivers full-throttle gain tones with wider range, increased dynamics, and tighter low end
- Powerful three-band EQ provides intense sound customization with High, Low, and sweepable Midrange and up to 15 dB boost/cut on each band
- Premium buffer for clean and clear tone when bypassed
- Made in Japan
Shipping and Returns
- Delivery is free in South Africa for all orders over R995 and any orders below R995 will incur a flat rate of R95.
- ALL International Deliveries are subject to charge and will depend on the size of your order and location. Please see our Shipping Policy for further details.
- Once your order has been shipped please allow 5-7 days for delivery depending on where you live.
- Returns need to be initiated within five days of delivery. For further details please see our Cancellation & Returns Policy.
Product images are for illustration purposes only and, unless stated otherwise, may not include peripheral or ancillary items depicted in the image.
Pro audio, studio, other electronic goods, smalls and accessories will be delivered in original packaging.
In some cases larger items such as guitars and acoustic drums may be delivered in non-original brown packaging.
In the unlikely event we need to ship in non-original packaging we will inform you.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.