The Fender American Performer Strat HSS electric guitar is one of the most affordable 'Made in the USA' guitars available in Fender's catalogue. However, its modest price isn't a reflection of poor quality, as this instrument beautifully displays Fender's class-leading craftsmanship in all of its glory. Appointed with the typical features that you'd expect on a Stratocaster, the American Performer does, however, boast some thoughtful modern features to bring it up to scratch.
Sporting brand new Yosemite single-coil pickups and a punchy DoubleTap humbucker, this electric guitar also features a smooth satin-finished neck and the desirable 'Greasebucket' tone circuit. Construction Fender's long-established tonewood combinations remain intact with the American Performer Strat HSS. Featuring an Alder body, this popular material ensures balanced lows, lively mids and a crisp top-end, serving as the perfect tonal foundation for the bright-sounding single-coils. The Alder body is paired with a Maple neck, accentuating the highs, even more, to allow your playing to really cut through in a mix.
Adorned with a Rosewood fingerboard, this silky-smooth material adds some crucial lower mid-range warmth, while the bolt-on construction gives notes a definitive snap. Featuring a modern "C" profile, this neck will suit contemporary players looking for a slim feel, while offering enough thickness for vintage aficionados. Finished with satin polyurethane, this ultra-smooth neck lacquer won't hinder fast or technical playing at all, so even shredders will adore its playability! Fitted with jumbo frets too, you can gain more control and precision over the entire fingerboard.Electronics
The most noteworthy aspect of the American Performer Stratocaster HSS electric guitar is its set of pickups. Installed with a pair of Fender's new Yosemite single-coils, these pickups are designed to project rich and expressive tones. With flat-staggered pole pieces that increase their output, these pickups also have a shellac coating that controls feedback without choking their sound. The DoubleTap bridge humbucker, however, is a different affair. With a thick and powerful sound, this pickup can be tamed when you activate the tone control's push/pull function, letting you attain a single-coil voicing that doesn't suffer from any volume drop. Making this instrument suitable for a number of styles, these pickups unlock even more versatility from what is already considered as the most adaptable guitar design ever. It doesn't end there either, as the American Performer Strat also features the 'Greasebucket' tone circuit. Letting you roll off the top-end without adding any bass frequencies, you can use your tone controls in a more useful and musical manner - not turning your guitar tone to mush! Hardware While the electronics will appeal strongly to modern players, the hardware is far more traditional and familiar to Fender fans. Fitted with a 6-screw vintage-style synchronised tremolo, this bridge will allow you to add gentle warbles to chords or even achieve EVH-style divebombs. At the other end of the instrument you'll find a set of Fender American Performer tuners. Offering a smooth feel for precise pitching, these tuning machines will keep the strings stable and secure. Fender American Performer Series The American Performer Series is the most affordable US-made electric guitar range offered by Fender.
Exhibiting the company's renowned reputation for high-quality craftsmanship, these guitars are available at attainable prices to give you world-class instruments that won't break the bank!Specifications Body
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Neck: Maple, Modern "C"
- Neck Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, 9.5" (241 mm)
- Frets: 22, Jumbo
- Position Inlays: White Dots
- Nut (Material/Width): Synthetic Bone, 1.685" (42.8 mm)
- Tuning Machines: American Performer
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Synchronized Tremolo
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Mint Green
- Pickups: DoubleTap™ Humbucking (Bridge), Yosemite™ Single-Coil Stratocaster (Middle/Neck) Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Postion 1. Bridge Humbucking Pickup; Position 2. Middle Pickup and Bridge Humbucking Pickup; Position 3. Middle Pickup; Position 4. Neck and Middle Pickup; Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Special Electronics: Push-Pull Pot On Tone 2 for Coil-Split
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck & Middle Pickup), Tone 2. Grease-bucket™ Tone Circuit (Bridge Pickup)
- Control Knobs: Aged White
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Other Strings: Fender® USA 250L, NPS (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Deluxe Gig Bag
Item Type: Electric Guitar
Shipping, Collection and Returns
- Once your order has been shipped please allow 5-7 days for delivery.
- If you intend to collect in store, kindly confirm before ordering since we cannot guarantee stock availability local to you.
- Delivery is free in South Africa for all orders over R995 and any orders below R995 will incur a flat rate of R95.
- ALL International Deliveries are subject to charge and will depend on the size of your order and location. Please see our Shipping Policy for further details.
- Returns need to be initiated within five days of delivery. For further details please see our Cancellation & Returns Policy.
Product images are for illustration purposes only and, unless stated otherwise, may not include peripheral or ancillary items depicted in the image.
Pro audio, studio, other electronic goods, smalls and accessories will be delivered in original packaging.
In some cases larger items such as guitars and acoustic drums may be delivered in non-original brown packaging.
In the unlikely event we need to ship in non-original packaging we will inform you.