First developed in the pre-amplified 1920s to accompany the much-louder horn instruments in popular ensembles of the time, resonator guitars are truly a uniquely American innovation. The Gretsch G9230 Bobtail Squareneck Mahogany Resonator stays true to the design and features of these early resonators with an all-mahogany body and Gretsch Ampli-Sonic diaphragm resonator spider cone. This aluminum cone is hand-spun in Eastern Europe and kicks out an impressive level of volume and mesmerizing resonant midrange. A gorgeous padauk fingerboard with abalone dot inlays responds beautifully whether you are playing chords or using a slide. The G9230 lets you explore the styles of old country, blues, and early folk as well as whatever sonic innovations you envision. A Fishman Nashville pickup is also onboard for when you want to plug in and really bring the volume and style. Resonator players at Paul Bothner Music love the G9230 Bobtail Squareneck Mahogany Resonator for its playability and tone.Beautifully appointed
Gretsch's G9230 Squareneck Mahogany Resonator features tasteful vintage appointments that would look right at home in the company's catalogs of yesteryear. With the G9230, you get a lovely mahogany top that not only looks great but also enhances the instrument's tone. There is also the mesmerizing design of the spider cone resonator itself which just oozes old-timey vibe and makes you happy they do still make a classic instrument like the G9230.Gretsch's legacy in American music
The Gretsch G9230 standard resonator guitar transports you back to Gretsch's roots in American music. Everyone knows Gretsch electric guitars and drums, but many don't know they got their start in 1/8" as a banjo company. It wasn't long before Gretsch was making mandolins, ukuleles, and eventually flat-top guitars, contributing to the very roots of American music. So when you pick up a Gretsch resonator, you're holding more than a great resonator, you're holding a piece of American music history.Gretsch G9230 Bobtail Squareneck Mahogany Guitar Features:
- Mahogany top, back, sides, and neck emit great resonator tone
- Padauk fingerboard with 19 frets responds beautifully to chording or a slide
- Fishman Nashville pickup system for killer amplified tone
- Gretsch Ampli-Sonic Eastern European hand-spun spider cone and bridge
- Grover Sta-Tite tuning machines keep you in tune
Item Type: Acoustic Guitar
Shipping and Returns
- Once your order has been shipped please allow 5-7 days for delivery depending on where you live.
- Delivery is free in South Africa for all orders over R995 and any orders below R995 will incur a flat rate of R95.
- ALL International Deliveries are subject to charge and will depend on the size of your order and location. Please see our Shipping Policy for further details.
- Returns need to be initiated within five days of delivery. For further details please see our Cancellation & Returns Policy.
Product images are for illustration purposes only and, unless stated otherwise, may not include peripheral or ancillary items depicted in the image.
Pro audio, studio, other electronic goods, smalls and accessories will be delivered in original packaging.
In some cases larger items such as guitars and acoustic drums may be delivered in non-original brown packaging.
In the unlikely event we need to ship in non-original packaging we will inform you.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.