With the Songwriter Modern, Gibson employs the same vintage construction methods as used on the first 1960 Hummingbird to create an old-school instrument for today's songwriter. With a solid Sitka spruce top, rosewood back and sides, and a mahogany neck with a rosewood fingerboard, the Songwriter Modern produces a rich, varied tone that has made it a favorite among players like Keith Richards and Brian May. The solid midrange and treble tones that made this guitar famous are also supported by an ever-present lower tone that comes from expert design and materials. In short, this acoustic touches on all the tonal shades of color with every strum. An LR Baggs VTC pickup system also provides outstanding amplified tone when plugged in. Acoustic players here the world over have fallen in love with the unique sound of the Songwriter Modern and are confident you will too.
Upon its landing in 1960, the Gibson Hummingbird made a lasting impression for its neck design and overall playability. With the Songwriter Modern, you get that same classic neck with modern updates. The mahogany neck features Gibson's Advanced Response profile for even more comfort and playability. A genuine rosewood fingerboard is featured and further enhances the feel and response of a stellar neck and fretboard pairing. And as with all Gibson guitars, the Songwriter Modern is Plek'd before leaving the factory. This ensures uniform fret contour and placement, eliminating string buzz and delivering perfect playability.
Once you play the Songwriter Modern and hear it sing, you will understand why this guitar has earned the iconic status it holds. Many players of the Songwriter Modern maintain that its tonal signature is truly one of a kind. Covering low, midrange, and treble in nearly equal parts, the Songwriter Modern is a popular choice among a variety of players across genres. It sounds great strummed wide open with a pick or gently plucked with the fingers, making it a solid choice for country, bluegrass, folk, or rock 'n' roll.
- Exquisite Tonewoods Of Sitka Spruce And Rosewood Produce Warm, Rich Tone
- Advanced Response Neck Profile Makes For Smooth Playability
- Plek'D Fretting Means Great Consistency And Playability
- Lr Baggs Vtc System Provides Excellent Amplified Tone
- Mahogany Neck With Rosewood Fingerboard Is Instantly Responsive And Comfortable
- Mother-Of-Pearl Single Parallelogram Inlays For Classic Looks
- Mini Grover Rotomatic Tuners Look Classic And Keep You In Tune
- Traditional Hand-Scalloped Advanced X-Bracing Provides Outstanding Support
Shipping, Collection and Returns
- Once your order has been shipped please allow 5-7 days for delivery.
- If you intend to collect in store, kindly confirm before ordering since we cannot guarantee stock availability local to you.
- Delivery is free in South Africa for all orders over R995 and any orders below R995 will incur a flat rate of R95.
- ALL International Deliveries are subject to charge and will depend on the size of your order and location. Please see our Shipping Policy for further details.
- Returns need to be initiated within five days of delivery. For further details please see our Cancellation & Returns Policy.
Product images are for illustration purposes only and, unless stated otherwise, may not include peripheral or ancillary items depicted in the image.
Pro audio, studio, other electronic goods, smalls and accessories will be delivered in original packaging.
In some cases larger items such as guitars and acoustic drums may be delivered in non-original brown packaging.
In the unlikely event we need to ship in non-original packaging we will inform you.