The Yamaha TransAcoustic FG-TA 6-string acoustic-electric guitar is a high-quality instrument that delivers an acoustic experience like no other guitar before it. With Yamaha's onboard TransAcoustic reverb and chorus effects, you'll enjoy the tones of playing in a rich and lively acoustic space no matter where you are. The FG-TA features a dreadnought body with mahogany back and sides and a solid Sitka spruce top. You'll love the feel of this guitar's fast-action neck and smooth, bound rosewood fingerboard. The Yamaha TransAcoustic FG-TA will add new inspiration to your playing.
Yamaha TransAcoustic FG-TA Acoustic-electric Guitar at a Glance:
- Traditional western body
- Solid spruce top
- Mahogany back & sides
- Amazing sounding reverb/chorus built-into the guitar with no need for external amplification or effects
- New scalloped bracing for louder, richer acoustic sound
Yamaha's groundbreaking TransAcoustic technology delivers onboard reverb and chorus effects. What sets TransAcoustic guitars apart from other instruments with onboard effects is that they don't require any external amplification. Engage the effects via the simple-to-use controls, and it's like you're playing in a rich, ambient venue no amp or PA required. And when it's time for the gig, you can access those same great tones plugged in through the guitar's System70 + SRT Piezo pickup system.
How it works
The key to TransAcoustic is an integrated actuator, a small device hidden inside the guitar. The vibration of the instrument's strings cause the actuator to vibrate; these vibrations are transmitted to the guitar body, as well as the air around the guitar. The result is authentic reverb and chorus without the need for any additional amplification or effects.
Yamaha's best-selling FG series
Guitarists at Music Experience love Yamaha's FG series guitars. It's not hard to see why they are worldwide bestsellers: the comfortable dreadnought bodies, professional-grade tonewoods, and fast-playing necks make these acoustics great first instruments for beginners and solid seconds for seasoned players who need an extra acoustic for the stage or to play around the house.
What Yamaha Says..
The Yamaha TransAcoustic Guitar recreates that incredible experience without needing any external amplification or effects, just the guitar itself. It's the most inspiring, engaging acoustic guitar you've ever played.
Built to inspire
There's nothing so inspiring as playing guitar in a great sounding room, it makes you play better, longer and with more creativity. The Yamaha TransAcoustic Guitar recreates that incredible experience without needing any external amplification or effects, just the guitar itself. It's the most inspiring, engaging acoustic guitar you've ever played.
An actuator installed on the inner surface of the guitar back vibrates in response to the vibrations of the strings. The vibrations of the actuator are then conveyed to the body of the guitar, and to the air in and around the guitar body, generating authentic reverb and chorus sounds from inside the body.
- Three simple knobs let you adjust the amount of effects and the line out volume level. Keeping the controls small minimizes the area of the holes in the body material, which reduces acoustic sound loss
- (A) Chorus Control
- (B) Reverb Control (Room / Hall)
- (C) TA Switch / Line Out Volume Control
- * Pressing the TA Switch for longer than 0.3 seconds activates the TA function
- * When a cable is connected to the line out jack, the line out volume can be adjusted by rotating knob (C)
- * The reverb type switches from Room to Hall around the 12:00 position
Designed to Provide Superb Acoustic Guitar Sound
The body is a solid spruce top with mahogany back and sides guitar based on the FG-series. Louder and stronger sound in the low- to mid-ranges, thanks to cutting-edge acoustic analysis technology developed by the Yamaha R&D Division and a newly-designed scalloped bracing pattern.
Newly-Designed Battery Box
The battery box integrated into the end-pin jack requires fewer holes in the body. This reduces acoustic sound loss. Connect the cable from the jack to a PA or amp to use as an acoustic-electric guitar.
Shipping and Returns
- Delivery is free in South Africa for all orders over R995 and any orders below R995 will incur a flat rate of R95.
- ALL International Deliveries are subject to charge and will depend on the size of your order and location. Please see our Shipping Policy for further details.
- Once your order has been shipped please allow 5-7 days for delivery depending on where you live.
- Returns need to be initiated within five days of delivery. For further details please see our Cancellation & Returns Policy.
Product images are for illustration purposes only and, unless stated otherwise, may not include peripheral or ancillary items depicted in the image.
Pro audio, studio, other electronic goods, smalls and accessories will be delivered in original packaging.
In some cases larger items such as guitars and acoustic drums may be delivered in non-original brown packaging.
In the unlikely event we need to ship in non-original packaging we will inform you.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.