This guitar is currently on a killer deal! These are the last of its kind after which they will never be available again so go on and bag yourself a bargain today!
But wait, there’s more. Sure our online price is killer but if you go instore today you can pick this guy up for a steal of R94995!PLEASE JUST TAKE CASE TO NOTE THE FOLLOWING T’s & C’s:
- This promo is running on the very last items which means prices are only valid while stocks last.
- Also, since in most cases there are only one or two of these left, if you plan on visiting us in store, please just call ahead to ensure availability since the guitar you are looking for may not be in stock at your closest TOMS.
- Finally, the in store price mentioned above is EXCLUSIVE to in store purchases.
59 Les Pauls may hog the collector's limelight, but to players in the know, the 1960 Les Paul Standard introduced some of the most enticing features these iconic solidbodies have ever presented. To commemorate this guitar's 60th anniversary, Gibson Custom has released three versions of the 1960 Les Paul Standard — in three distinct versions to accommodate for neck, finish, tuner, and knob variances. Each 60th Anniversary Les Paul Standard is rendered in stunning detail and comes outfitted with historic appointments and electronics. The non-weight-relieved solid mahogany body with hide-glued flame maple top delivers unsurpassed Les Paul richness and resonance. For the V3 edition, the body is hide glue–fit to a period-correct Skinny "C" mahogany neck that's beautifully adorned with a 24-3/4"-scale Indian rosewood fingerboard and enhanced with Kluson Single Line/Double Ring tuners. Paired with Gibson's Custombucker Alnico III pickups, vintage CTS pots, and paper-in-oil caps, the Gibson 60th Anniversary 1960 Les Paul Standard V3 VOS is a recipe for unforgettable tone and performance.
To revive the essence of late-year 1960 Les Paul Standards, Gibson painstakingly re-created each element piece by piece. The full-weight mahogany body, 2-piece figured maple top, and solid rosewood fingerboard are only the beginning. The crown jewel in this piece is the ultra-thin Skinny "C" neck profile — one of Gibson's slimmest and most daring necks to date. If you're a lead player who loves classic Les Pauls but wants less wood between your palm and fingers, the V3 is a standout option. A hide glue neck joint delivers classic Les Paul sustain, and aged cellulose Trapezoid inlays supply classic Les Paul aesthetics.
Beginning with vintage CTS potentiometers and paper-in-oil capacitors, every inch of the 60th Anniversary Les Paul Standard's internal signal path was designed to give you absolutely dead-on 1960 Les Paul tone. Of course, it's next to impossible to find genuine vintage PAFs (even for Gibson). Instead, the 60th Anniversary sports a pair of Custombucker Alnico III humbuckers — some of the most historically accurate Gibson PAF copies ever created. The 60th Anniversary's Amber Butyrate Top Hat knobs with Silver Inserts provide a dynamic throw and an added dose of classic '60s character.
Gibson analyzed the appointments and wear patterns on several vintage late-year 1960 Les Paul Standards to create the finish patterns for the 60th Anniversary V3. Its wide stains and colorfast nitro finishes adhere to Standards released throughout the last third of this red-letter year. Its Single Line/Double Ring Kluson tuners are authentic to this late-year run as well, as represented here in these painstaking re-creations. If you're after an authentic vintage playing experience, the Gibson 60th Anniversary 1960 Les Paul Standard V3 VOS is spec'd to please even staunch 1960 enthusiasts. Gibson Custom's Vintage Original Sheen finish option comes standard on Custom Shop Historic Reissue models. The VOS finish package includes lightly aged parts that imparts an authentic vintage patina. The nitrocellulose finished it buffed to a light matte appearance, giving a look and feel of a guitar that has been lovingly played and cared for over the years.
- Modeled After Les Paul Standards Created In The Last Third Of 1960
- Highly Collectible — Includes A Gibson Certificate Of Authenticity
- Skinny "C" Mahogany Neck Is One Of Gibson'S Thinnest Profiles Ever Made
- Single Line/Double Ring Kluson Tuners Are Painstaking Re-Creations Of Late-Year 1960S Models
- Solid One-Piece Mahogany Body (Not Weight Relieved) Sports A Beautifully Figured 2-Piece Flame Maple Top
- Custombucker Alnico Iii Pickups Supply Dead-On Vintage Paf Tone
- Internally Wired With Historic Cts 500K Pots And Paper-In-Oil Caps
- Hide Glue Construction Supplies Exceptional Sustain And Response
- Thin Vos Nitrocellulose Lacquer Finish
Shipping, Collection and Returns
- Once your order has been shipped please allow 5-7 days for delivery.
- If you intend to collect in store, kindly confirm before ordering since we cannot guarantee stock availability local to you.
- Delivery is free in South Africa for all orders over R995 and any orders below R995 will incur a flat rate of R95.
- ALL International Deliveries are subject to charge and will depend on the size of your order and location. Please see our Shipping Policy for further details.
- Returns need to be initiated within five days of delivery. For further details please see our Cancellation & Returns Policy.
Product images are for illustration purposes only and, unless stated otherwise, may not include peripheral or ancillary items depicted in the image.
Pro audio, studio, other electronic goods, smalls and accessories will be delivered in original packaging.
In some cases larger items such as guitars and acoustic drums may be delivered in non-original brown packaging.
In the unlikely event we need to ship in non-original packaging we will inform you.