Yamaha's 88-key Flagship Synth
Built on the legacy of Yamaha's groundbreaking DX and Motif series keyboards, the Yamaha Montage 8 is driven by its programmable Motion Control matrix, which gives you fluid, interactive command over two powerful synthesis engines. Glide your fingers over Yamaha's premium aftertouch-enabled, 88-note Balanced Hammer Action keybed. Modulate multiple parameters in real time with the aptly named Super Knob. Yamaha's flagship synthesizer streamlines your workflow and rockets your sound creation and modulation capabilities up to a whole new level. Whether you're a songwriter, gigging keyboardist, sound designer, or EDM producer, the Yamaha Montage will elevate your creative game.
Motion Control Synthesis, AWM2, and FM-X
The Motion Control Synthesis Engine controls and unifies Montage's two sound engines: AWM2 and FM-X. Powered by Yamaha's proprietary data compression and sound playback technology, the Montage 8 delivers amazingly realistic sound reproduction and almost ten times the waveform capacity of Yamaha's MotifXF workstation! If you need a sophisticated synth engine, FM-X can deliver everything from vintage '80s to modern EDM sounds, all with impressive dynamic range and sonic fidelity. Boasting an 8-operator FM architecture and 1/8"note polyphony, FM-X arms you with a massive sound-design arsenal.
It's called the Super Knob for a reason
Yamaha fitted their Montage models with a stroke of genius the Super Knob. This appropriately named control lets you execute one-hand dynamic sound modifications, from subtle to severe. With the Super Knob, you can control multiple parameters at once. You can, for instance, change the ambient perspective of an instrument or a vocal, shooting it from in-your-face to deep inside a cave, and then back again. Need both hands on the keyboard? Assign the Super Knob to a foot controller. However you use it, you'll never cease to be amazed and delighted by the Super Knob.
Expressive, interactive Motion Sequences
The Yamaha Montage synthesizers are spec'd with a nifty feature called Motion Sequences tempo-synched (and totally customizable) control sequences that you can assign to any parameter. With dedicated front-panel controls, Motion Sequences makes it effortless to manipulate and morph your patches in real time, with inspiring interactivity and deep expression.
Envelope Follower lets you modulate with audio
With the Montage's onboard Envelope Follower, you can use any audio as a modulator for any synth parameter. You could take a drum loop, for instance, and drive FX parameters with it to create interesting rhythms. Or take a vocal and control multiple parameters with it for a robotic effect. You can even use live audio coming in via the Montage's A/D input as a source.
Powerful DSP effects engine
Montage series synths are fortified with a powerful DSP effects engine that delivers everything from gloriously high-def reverbs to meticulously detailed VCM (Virtual Circuit Modeling) FX. All with stunning sound quality. Effects such as Vinyl Break, Bit Crusher, and Beat Repeat are ideal for contemporary EDM production. Create a cool ducking effect with a sidechain compressor, or go full retro with the vintage-flavored VCM Phaser or Analog Delay. Crank up your favorite Amp Simulator. If you're a pianist, you'll enjoy a realistic playing experience with piano-centric effects such as Damper Resonance and HD reverbs that put you right in the performance space.
Yamaha Montage 8 88-key Synthesizer Features:
- Aftertouch-enabled, 88-note Balanced Hammer Action keybed
- Polyphony is AWM2: 1/8"(max.; stereo/mono waveforms) FM-X: 1/8"(max.)
- Motion Control matrix gives you fluid command over 2 powerful synthesis engines: AWM2 (waveform synthesis) and FM-X (frequency modulation)
- Almost 10 times the waveform capacity of Yamaha's MotifXF
- Super Knob lets you modulate multiple parameters in real time
- Motion Sequences tempo-synched control sequences you can assign to any parameter
- Envelope Follower lets you use any audio as a modulator for any synth parameter
- Powerful DSP effects engine for jaw-dropping, fully realized patches
Shipping and Returns
- Once your order has been shipped please allow 5-7 days for delivery depending on where you live.
- Delivery is free in South Africa for all orders over R995 and any orders below R995 will incur a flat rate of R95.
- ALL International Deliveries are subject to charge and will depend on the size of your order and location. Please see our Shipping Policy for further details.
- Returns need to be initiated within five days of delivery. For further details please see our Cancellation & Returns Policy.
Product images are for illustration purposes only and, unless stated otherwise, may not include peripheral or ancillary items depicted in the image.
Pro audio, studio, other electronic goods, smalls and accessories will be delivered in original packaging.
In some cases larger items such as guitars and acoustic drums may be delivered in non-original brown packaging.
In the unlikely event we need to ship in non-original packaging we will inform you.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.