- Broadcast sound quality
- Low noise circuitry
- Condenser transducer
- Rugged metal construction
- Two step High Pass Filter (Flat/80Hz)
- P48 phantom power or AA battery option
- Low handling noise
- Low weight - 161g (5.17 oz.)
- Includes mic clip, wind shield and zip case
- Ideal for professional applications within the film, video, television and production industries
The RODE NTG2 is a lightweight condenser shotgun microphone, designed for professional applications within the film, video, television and production industries. Its full frequency response, low noise and audio transparency make it an ideal film, video, and voice over microphone, while its low weight (161gm/5.7oz without battery) makes it an ideal boom microphone. In addition to the native 20Hz-20kHz frequency response a selectable high-pass filter at 80Hz is available, which will prevent low end noise such as air conditioners and traffic from being recorded. The NTG2 operates either from a AA (1.5V) battery or P48 phantom power which can be supplied by professional cameras, audio recorders and power supplies. The battery power option makes the NTG2 ideal for scenarios where the camera does not supply phantom power such as DSLR video. The WSVM windshield is supplied to minimise light wind noise and plosives during recording. The optional 'DeadCat' furry is recommended for outdoor applications. The RODE NTG2 shotgun microphone is designed and made in Australia, and covered by RODE Microphones' industry leading 10 year warranty.NTG2 SPECIFICATIONS
- Acoustic Principle: Line Gradient
- Active Electronics: JFET impedance convertor with balanced transformer output
- Capsule: 0.50"
- Polar Pattern: Supercardioid
- Address Type: End
- Frequency Range: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Output Impedance: 250ohm
- Maximum SPL: 131dBSPL
- Maximum Output Level: 6.9mV (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1K? load)
- Sensitivity: -36.0dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (15.00mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
- Equivalent Noise Level (A-weighted): 18dBA
- Power Options: AA Battery+48V phantom power
- Weight: 161.00g
- Dimensions: 280.00mmH x 22.00mmW x 22.00mmD
- Output: XLR Output
Item Type: Microphone
Shipping and Returns
- Once your order has been shipped please allow 5-7 days for delivery depending on where you live.
- Delivery is free in South Africa for all orders over R995 and any orders below R995 will incur a flat rate of R95.
- ALL International Deliveries are subject to charge and will depend on the size of your order and location. Please see our Shipping Policy for further details.
- Returns need to be initiated within five days of delivery. For further details please see our Cancellation & Returns Policy.
Product images are for illustration purposes only and, unless stated otherwise, may not include peripheral or ancillary items depicted in the image.
Pro audio, studio, other electronic goods, smalls and accessories will be delivered in original packaging.
In some cases larger items such as guitars and acoustic drums may be delivered in non-original brown packaging.
In the unlikely event we need to ship in non-original packaging we will inform you.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.