Rode NTG5KIT (NTG5-KIT, NTG5/KIT, NTG5 KIT) Shotgun Microphone Location Recording Kit
RODE Microphones is very excited to introduce the NTG5, a brand-new addition to their best-selling range of shotgun microphones. The NTG5 sets a new standard for the range. Featuring a groundbreaking acoustic port design providing superior progressive wave interference, ultra-lightweight construction, and crystal clear, broadcast-grade sound, the NTG5 is a revolution in shotgun microphone design aimed at the professional user.
The NTG5 comes in a complete location recording kit, featuring the new WS10 windshield, redesigned pistol grip and other accessories, it's ready to be taken into the field right out of the box.
Revolutionary Acoustic Design
The first thing you will notice about the NTG5 is the striking new body. The design has been completely overhauled, with circular acoustic ports replacing the linear slots found in other shotgun mics. The revolutionary design is the result of many months of specialised acoustic testing that began during the development of the TF5, Rode's new premium small-diaphragm condenser mic designed in collaboration with legendary engineer Tony Faulker. The TF5's capsule features a unique perforated acoustic vent design and this breakthrough lead us to completely reimagine the NTG5's design, with acoustic perforations employed along the length of the microphone. The result is a shotgun mic with unmatched acoustic transparency, and a natural, uncoloured sound that will sound superb in a wide variety of applications. The annular line tube technology intrinsic to the NTG5's design sets it apart from all other microphones in its category, and will see this microphone take its place as a future industry standard.
A Boom Operator's Dream
The NTG5 features a short, super lightweight aluminium body (just 76g!), making it one of the most compact professional shotgun mics on the market, a dream for boom operators who find themselves on long, demanding shoots, or filmmakers and sound recordists looking for a more portable and lightweight rig that delivers broadcast-grade audio.
The Perfect Location Recording Mic
Boasting a tightly controlled frequency response and very low self-noise, the NTG5 sounds spectacular in a wide variety of applications, particularly location recording and demanding filmmaking scenarios where superlative audio is imperative. No excuses. RF-bias technology and conformal coating ensure the NTG5 is reliable in adverse environments. It is designed to be taken everywhere, with excellent resistance to wet conditions, high humidity, severe cold and dust. The NTG5 comes in a complete location recording kit, featuring the new WS10 windshield, redesigned pistol grip and other accessories, it's ready to be taken into the field right out of the box. The NTG5's highly directional supercardioid polar pattern and smooth off axis response deliver superb audio whether used on a boom pole, pistol grip, or on-camera. It is ideal for capturing dialogue and other detailed sound sources in any environment and will outperform high-end shotgun microphones that cost several times more. The perfect location recording mic.
- Acoustic Principle: RF-bias condenser
- Active Electronics: RF-bias demodulation
- Polar Pattern: Supercardioid shotgun
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz, 20 kHz
- Frequency Response: 100 Hz - 20 kHz ±3 dB // 50Hz - 20 kHz ±6 dB
- Output Impedance: 25 ?
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 84 dB
- Equivalent Noise: 10 dB SPL (A-weighted, as per IEC651)
- Input SPL @ 1%THD: 130 dB SPL (1kHz @ 1% THD, 600 ? load)
- Power Requirements: 2 mA @ 48V phantom power
- Sensitivity: -23.5 dB re. 1 Volt/Pascal or Better (66 mV @ 94 dB SPL @ 1 kHz)
- Dimensions (LxWxH): NTG5 - 203 x 19, PG2-R - 117 x 60 x 24
- Weight: NTG5 - 76g, PG2-R - 224g
Shipping and Returns
- Once your order has been shipped please allow 5-7 days for delivery depending on where you live.
- Delivery is free in South Africa for all orders over R995 and any orders below R995 will incur a flat rate of R95.
- ALL International Deliveries are subject to charge and will depend on the size of your order and location. Please see our Shipping Policy for further details.
- Returns need to be initiated within five days of delivery. For further details please see our Cancellation & Returns Policy.
Product images are for illustration purposes only and, unless stated otherwise, may not include peripheral or ancillary items depicted in the image.
Pro audio, studio, other electronic goods, smalls and accessories will be delivered in original packaging.
In some cases larger items such as guitars and acoustic drums may be delivered in non-original brown packaging.
In the unlikely event we need to ship in non-original packaging we will inform you.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.