The Ibanez SR505 is a modern bass ready and waiting to suit any contemporary player.For over 30 years, the SR has been Ibanez’s staple bass shape, always pushing the boundaries of versatility and undeniably smooth playability.
The SR505 houses a custom electronics preamp inside its Okoume body. Controls include bass, treble and mids boost and cut knobs, as well as a frequency selector and balancer.This lets you shape the sound exactly how you want, to any style of music or position in a mix.It’s equipped with two Bartolini BH2 pickups, known for their warm, fat low end whilst retaining response and tightness.
Tinker with the SR to suit your playing style and needs.The large cutaway to the body just before the neck allows for easy access to the truss rod. While the bridge utilises adjustable saddles, letting you change the distance between each string.Play seamlessly down the smooth five-piece Jatoba and Walnut neck any bassist would find comfortable. The body is lightweight and ergonomic, giving the SR505 a high-quality playing experience.
- Neck Type: SR5 5-piece jatoba/ walnut
- Body: Okoume
- Fretboard: Jatoba w/ Abalone ovals
- Fret: 24 / medium
- Bridge: Accu-cast B505 fixed (16.5mm string spacing)
- Neck Pickup: Bartolini BH2 bridge passive
- Bridge Pickup: Bartolini BH2 neck passive
- Equaliser: Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ w/EQ bypass switch
Shipping, Collection and Returns
- Once your order has been shipped please allow 5-7 days for delivery.
- If you intend to collect in store, kindly confirm before ordering since we cannot guarantee stock availability local to you.
- Delivery is free in South Africa for all orders over R995 and any orders below R995 will incur a flat rate of R95.
- ALL International Deliveries are subject to charge and will depend on the size of your order and location. Please see our Shipping Policy for further details.
- Returns need to be initiated within five days of delivery. For further details please see our Cancellation & Returns Policy.
Product images are for illustration purposes only and, unless stated otherwise, may not include peripheral or ancillary items depicted in the image.
Pro audio, studio, other electronic goods, smalls and accessories will be delivered in original packaging.
In some cases larger items such as guitars and acoustic drums may be delivered in non-original brown packaging.
In the unlikely event we need to ship in non-original packaging we will inform you.